WTF?! Who’re the complete imbeciles emptying the shelves?

Discussion of firearm-related news stories. Please use "Off Topic" for non-firearm news.
Forum rules
Do NOT post the full text of published articles. If you would like to discuss a news story please link to it and, at most, include a brief summary of the article.

Re: WTF?! Who’re the complete imbeciles emptying the shelves?

Postby Jackpine Savage on Sun Mar 15, 2020 7:26 am

Holland&Holland wrote:
Jackpine Savage wrote:Bergie, you are not alone!

APOCALYPSE FEVER

I shoot a lot. Three times a week minimum, sometimes four, and if I’m lucky and time permits, five. So my shooting range/gun shop is what sociologists would call my Third Place. It’s not home, where I’m a spouse on duty from noon till one minute past noon, it’s not work since I am 10 years beyond the horrors of office life; it’s the place where I’m me without any effort. The talk is always banter, jibe and jest, all bonding courtesy of a sense of being a besieged community, and a general enthusiasm for the gizmos themselves. Needless to say, it’s as non-racist, non-classist, non-misogynist as any place in America.
More at link: hhttps://www.powerlineblog.com/archives/2020/03/apocalypse-fever.php

I disagree with this wholeheartedly. I will take anyone to the range. I have taken many a liberal with me. Changing minds happens one at a time.

Actually I do too. The more people that value gun ownership the better off we are. It's still fun to rub their noses in their hypocrisy though.
Jackpine Savage

Postby Bergie on Sun Mar 15, 2020 8:01 am

OP here.... I agree -and chuckled with some- at the rationale we all seem to have here. I was at Fleet when I saw that things were empty. And no, they haven't been all out for weeks, just recently, I'd say in the last week from talking to one of the stockers. And I appreciate Socerers response, but contrary to his thoughts, I HAVE been paying very very close attention to this issue (btw, I manage investment portfolios for my civilian job, so know all too well what's happening!) Thanks to the posters who supplied ammo outlets. I did see that Atlanta Ammo issued a "delay" notice due to demand in their over-the-counter match rounds. Thanks to mnguntalk for giving me a platform to vent without scrutiny. (Maybe in the Marketplace section I should post my excess rolls of toilet paper in trade for some 45 rounds!)
Bergie

Postby xd ED on Sun Mar 15, 2020 9:11 am

Bergie wrote:OP here.... I agree -and chuckled with some- at the rationale we all seem to have here. I was at Fleet when I saw that things were empty. And no, they haven't been all out for weeks, just recently, I'd say in the last week from talking to one of the stockers. And I appreciate Socerers response, but contrary to his thoughts, I HAVE been paying very very close attention to this issue (btw, I manage investment portfolios for my civilian job, so know all too well what's happening!) Thanks to the posters who supplied ammo outlets. I did see that Atlanta Ammo issued a "delay" notice due to demand in their over-the-counter match rounds. Thanks to mnguntalk for giving me a platform to vent without scrutiny. (Maybe in the Marketplace section I should post my excess rolls of toilet paper in trade for some 45 rounds!)

btw, I manage investment portfolios for my civilian job

i just watched part of the most recent episode of 'At Issue',a local political news program, that was obviously taped shortly after the market took its dump(and obviously before it came back), acknowledging with knowing head bobbing and eye-rolling condescension, that due to president Trumps bumbling of the situation, 401ks were now forever ruined. . .
LET'S GO BRANDON
xd ED

Postby Rip Van Winkle on Sun Mar 15, 2020 9:47 am

I just got home from Cub. The bread and paper product isles were wiped out. There was slim pickings in the can goods isle, but you could still find what you needed.

Overall not nearly as busy as it was midday Friday.
Attachments
IMG_1195.jpeg
I will never apologize for being an American.
Post 435 Gun Club
North Star Rifle Club
cmpofficer@post435gunclub.org
48 down, Still in the hunt for a heavy!
President's Hundred (#48 2018)
Certified NRA RSO
Rip Van Winkle

Location: Unfashionable end of the western spiral arm, Galaxy Milky Way

Postby Sorcerer on Sun Mar 15, 2020 10:13 am

Bergie wrote:OP here.... I agree -and chuckled with some- at the rationale we all seem to have here. I was at Fleet when I saw that things were empty. And no, they haven't been all out for weeks, just recently, I'd say in the last week from talking to one of the stockers. And I appreciate Socerers response, but contrary to his thoughts, I HAVE been paying very very close attention to this issue (btw, I manage investment portfolios for my civilian job, so know all too well what's happening!) Thanks to the posters who supplied ammo outlets. I did see that Atlanta Ammo issued a "delay" notice due to demand in their over-the-counter match rounds. Thanks to mnguntalk for giving me a platform to vent without scrutiny. (Maybe in the Marketplace section I should post my excess rolls of toilet paper in trade for some 45 rounds!)

My wife got mad at the Star Tribune 3 years a go and canceled the Sunday paper. My routine now is Sunday or Monday I make the rounds of Home Depot, Menards, Fleet Farm to see what may be on sale, in store clearance, close out. Plus they are good places to people watch. 9 & 45 supplies have been dwindling since early January. Last Sunday Fleet Farm had a small amount of Remington bulk 9mm and small amount of steel case 9,no 45. 22 was still readily available.
Sorcerer

Postby Bearcatrp on Sun Mar 15, 2020 1:01 pm

Liquor stores still have plenty of booz for all! Just got back from one. :bravo:
Bearcatrp

Postby Ironbear on Sun Mar 15, 2020 3:28 pm

I've been in the grocery store over the past couple of days. Walked the aisles, out of curiosity, to see what was bare. The paper goods aisle looked like a Soviet grocery store (Bernie happy!). Other bare spots were the pasta/pasta sauce area, rice, sugar and flour, and; interestingly enough; the peanut butter and jelly section. Bread, milk, eggs and veggies were in good supply.

Went to Costco, Saturday, and they were organizing a line into the paper goods and bottled water section. I assume they were ration it out. I saw the pallet of rice had a "one per member" limit. OTOH... gas at Costco was lower than I've seen in a long time.

I don't know why folks don't have a couple weeks supply of non-perishables already.
"Justice and power must be brought together, so that whatever is just may be powerful, and whatever is powerful may be just.” ~Blaise Pascal~
Ironbear

Postby LarryP on Sun Mar 15, 2020 7:30 pm

Just think- When this is over people won't need to go shopping for a long time. Stores won't have much business!
LarryP

Postby Sorcerer on Sun Mar 15, 2020 8:54 pm

Cub was very quiet at around 1:30pm today. Bananas and lint traps for the clothes washer. In and out. They must have blown there w-d Friday.
Sorcerer

Postby Holland&Holland on Sun Mar 15, 2020 9:17 pm

Saw gas at 1.92. Wow I don't think I have seen it that low since 1995ish.
Holland&Holland

Postby BigBlue on Sun Mar 15, 2020 10:10 pm

Holland&Holland wrote:Saw gas at 1.92. Wow I don't think I have seen it that low since 1995ish.

Actually, back in 2016 it was under $2 during the winter. It was all the way down near $1.50 for a short time. Look at the charts on http://www.twincitiesgasprices.com.

This time I'm not happy to see it down this low because there's going to be a lot of bad economy stuff coming if this lasts more than a few weeks.
BigBlue

Postby Holland&Holland on Mon Mar 16, 2020 6:11 am

BigBlue wrote:
Holland&Holland wrote:Saw gas at 1.92. Wow I don't think I have seen it that low since 1995ish.

Actually, back in 2016 it was under $2 during the winter. It was all the way down near $1.50 for a short time. Look at the charts on http://www.twincitiesgasprices.com.

This time I'm not happy to see it down this low because there's going to be a lot of bad economy stuff coming if this lasts more than a few weeks.

Yup. It will take decades to recover if this continues too long.
Holland&Holland

Postby jdege on Mon Mar 16, 2020 9:24 am

Holland&Holland wrote:Yup. It will take decades to recover if this continues too long.

The Chinese, the Russians, the DNC, and the MSM are working hard to ensure that happens.

I don't think it will.
jdege

Postby Holland&Holland on Mon Mar 16, 2020 9:27 am

jdege wrote:
Holland&Holland wrote:Yup. It will take decades to recover if this continues too long.

The Chinese, the Russians, the DNC, and the MSM are working hard to ensure that happens.

I don't think it will.

And uncle Bernie.
Holland&Holland

Postby xd ED on Mon Mar 16, 2020 9:34 am

jdege wrote:

I don't think it will.

It appears the left has taken full advantage of the situation to incite and sustain panic, without doing everything to effectively slow the virus' spread.
They only have to keep it rolling until November.
LET'S GO BRANDON
xd ED

PreviousNext

Return to In The News