Dakota County RANGE CLOSED (for coronavirus)

Gun related chat that doesn't fit in another forum

Postby halvey on Thu Mar 19, 2020 8:50 pm

Odd, since I've never been closer than 6 feet to someone there. I hear Fairbault is still open to members only, but no training or matches. Hmmm...

-----------------------------------------------
Range Closure
March 18, 2020

Dear DCGC Members,

We have been informed by the Dakota County Sheriff’s Office that DCGC is required to follow executive order 20-40 and shut down the range until March 27th. We hope this will not be extended but only time will tell.

Until then, access to the range will be denied. If you need access to the clubhouse to retrieve training materials or other reasons, please contact the board. Requests will be taken on a case-by-case basis.

All scheduled events during this time frame are cancelled; All March re-orientation sessions are cancelled and the DCGC Firearm Safety classes that were to begin April 2nd previously called off by the DNR.

Thank you in advance for following these guidelines for your safety and health as well as others during this very difficult time.
halvey

Re: Dakota County RANGE CLOSED (for coronavirus)

Postby Ghost on Thu Mar 19, 2020 9:46 pm

When I was a member the only time more than 5 people were there was for safety training.
Ghost

Postby Rip Van Winkle on Fri Mar 20, 2020 5:13 am

I would imagine DCGC has to dance to whatever dictate the county gives.
I will never apologize for being an American.
Post 435 Gun Club
North Star Rifle Club
cmpofficer@post435gunclub.org
48 down, Still in the hunt for a heavy!
President's Hundred (#48 2018)
Certified NRA RSO
Rip Van Winkle

Location: Unfashionable end of the western spiral arm, Galaxy Milky Way

Postby Bitter Bastard on Fri Mar 20, 2020 6:43 am

No one is happy we were ordered to close. We checked with the state, got bounced around until we were told to check with the Sheriff's office since they were enforcing the closures, and they said we were under the closure order. I half-jokingly asked the board what the penalty for staying open was and never got an answer, but it's probably best to not poke the LE bear.

With luck we can open again at the end of the month.

Bitter Bastard
Bitter Bastard

Postby sprigfan on Fri Mar 20, 2020 9:15 am

Bitter Bastard wrote:No one is happy we were ordered to close. We checked with the state, got bounced around until we were told to check with the Sheriff's office since they were enforcing the closures, and they said we were under the closure order. I half-jokingly asked the board what the penalty for staying open was and never got an answer, but it's probably best to not poke the LE bear.

Bitter Bastard
As a member I have no hard feelings toward the club for closing, but I wonder if it was necessary to approach the state and Sheriff's office?

Perhaps we should have just stayed open until specifically told to close? One of those "it's better to ask forgiveness than permission" moments.
Real knowledge is to know the extent of one's ignorance.
sprigfan

Postby westhope on Fri Mar 20, 2020 10:05 am

There no executive order 20-40.

There is an executive order 20-04 that probably should be referencing but it does not specify gun ranges.
Because I care, I carry.
westhope

Postby Holland&Holland on Fri Mar 20, 2020 10:09 am

Buffalo Gun Club shut down as well. Gonna go pheasant hunting instead and work the dog.
Holland&Holland

Postby wasfuzz on Fri Mar 20, 2020 2:09 pm

Our Club in Wells is open to members only, no organized shoots, no groups, etc.. Buildings as closed to all. We took steps to allow Officers to conduct business electronically (email, phone, etc).
ONE* Training LLC - Mapleton, MN
Offering Training in;
NRA Basic Pistol
MN DPS/ BCA Approved Conceal Carry
WI,IA Conceal Carry
NRA LE Firearms Instructor & LEO HR 218 Training
MN DNR Hunter Safety
ASP Expandable Baton
wasfuzz

Postby Ghost on Fri Mar 20, 2020 2:30 pm

wasfuzz wrote:Our Club in Wells is open to members only, no organized shoots, no groups, etc.. Buildings as closed to all. We took steps to allow Officers to conduct business electronically (email, phone, etc).

No good reason why Dakota couldn’t operate the same way.
Ghost

Postby Holland&Holland on Fri Mar 20, 2020 11:10 pm

No reason to even go that far. 10k dead world wide and China is on the down swing? Don't 500,000 die every year from the flu?
Holland&Holland

Postby xd ED on Sat Mar 21, 2020 7:05 am

Holland&Holland wrote:No reason to even go that far. 10k dead world wide and China is on the down swing? Don't 500,000 die every year from the flu?

2020 is an election year.

Newsweek June 2018
HBO's "Real Time" host Bill Maher admitted that he hopes the American economy will crash so that President Donald Trump will be voted out of office.

Maher, along with his panel, discussed the success of the Trump administration's growing economy, but remained skeptical about how long the prosperity will last.

"I feel like the bottom has to fall out at some point, and by the way, I'm hoping for it because I think one way you get rid of Trump is a crashing economy," Maher said during the June 8 show. "So please, bring on the recession. Sorry if that hurts people but it's either root for a recession, or you lose your democracy."

LET'S GO BRANDON
xd ED

Postby gun_fan111v2 on Sat Mar 21, 2020 7:27 am

Got an email from MS about their range closing with a link to the executive order. I am thinking this is an interpretation of 1.g where they talk about Sport Clubs.

https://www.leg.state.mn.us/archive/exe ... 8cac0e9c09
gun_fan111v2

Postby xd ED on Sat Mar 21, 2020 7:53 am

gun_fan111v2 wrote:Got an email from MS about their range closing with a link to the executive order. I am thinking this is an interpretation of 1.g where they talk about Sport Clubs.

I would not think indoor ranges and outdoor ranges are to be treated the same.

But then, neither am I the guy with the mindset to shut down golf courses and tennis courts, while allowing strangers to sit and stand, toe to toe, face to face on crowded buses and trains, boarding, and debarking across the population center.
LET'S GO BRANDON
xd ED

Postby Ghost on Sat Mar 21, 2020 8:45 am

xd ED wrote:
gun_fan111v2 wrote:Got an email from MS about their range closing with a link to the executive order. I am thinking this is an interpretation of 1.g where they talk about Sport Clubs.

I would not think indoor ranges and outdoor ranges are to be treated the same.

But then, neither am I the guy with the mindset to shut down golf courses and tennis courts, while allowing strangers to sit and stand, toe to toe, face to face on crowded buses and trains, boarding, and debarking across the population center.

You win some and you lose some
Ghost

Postby halvey on Sat Mar 21, 2020 3:53 pm

I didn't know they "asked". :roll: We should have just cancelled group events and training and let members shoot. Which is typically YARDS away from eachother.

Bitter Bastard wrote:No one is happy we were ordered to close. We checked with the state, got bounced around until we were told to check with the Sheriff's office since they were enforcing the closures, and they said we were under the closure order. I half-jokingly asked the board what the penalty for staying open was and never got an answer, but it's probably best to not poke the LE bear.

Bitter Bastard
halvey

Next

Return to General Gun Chat