LGS observation.

Gun related chat that doesn't fit in another forum

LGS observation.

Postby Sorcerer on Sat Mar 21, 2020 11:40 am

The uncle Joe Democrats have been buying evidently. They must have remembered his line “ just let 2 shots fly in the air”. ARs still well stocked. The wall of shot guns pretty much sold out. Only a few of the really long barreled one’s left. Even those were getting looks. :P
Sorcerer

LGS observation.

Postby gun_fan111v2 on Sat Mar 21, 2020 2:45 pm

Interesting. Store I visited yesterday was pretty much sold out of both ARs and rifles/shotguns but pistol cases were still full.
gun_fan111v2

Re: LGS observation.

Postby smurfman on Sat Mar 21, 2020 10:34 pm

The shop must have gotten a shipment of ARs in as at my store everything that even remotely looked like an AR went- even the chassis style rifles.

Most of the shotguns were gone on Friday, all that was left were the higher priced Browning, Benelli, and Beretta semi-auto field guns and the Stoeger double barrels. There were plenty of pistols in the case but for many all that was on hand were in the display case. Slugs and buckshot have been gone a week virtually all pistol ammo disappeared by Thursday morning and that included a pallet full that came in on Thursday.

5.56/223 was gone on Friday, what was left of the 55 gr soft points from Winchester and Federal got snapped up. 7.62 whether x51, x39, or x54R also disappeared by Thursday. 300 Blackout sold out on Friday, some Remington Range Buckets got mixed in with the 380 ACP buckets so a couple sharp eyed late comers got lucky.

Had one woman break down crying when she was delayed on her firearm purchase. She was terrified her family was going to invade her home if things got bad. She showed the scar running from the back of her wrist to her elbow stating it was from her brother when she said she was moving out. One of the other guys put a box of ammo aside for her if she is not denied.

It has been chaotic with a lot of newcomers buying guns. It is interesting to see the reactions many have when it is explained to them what steps have to be taken to get some types of firearms. Even buying a typical long gun has some rather surprised. The best reaction was from a person who was buying a gun where the serial number started off DFL... He almost passed on it when told it was the last one but current hysteria won out.
smurfman

Postby Holland&Holland on Sat Mar 21, 2020 10:53 pm

smurfman wrote:The shop must have gotten a shipment of ARs in as at my store everything that even remotely looked like an AR went- even the chassis style rifles.

Most of the shotguns were gone on Friday, all that was left were the higher priced Browning, Benelli, and Beretta semi-auto field guns and the Stoeger double barrels. There were plenty of pistols in the case but for many all that was on hand were in the display case. Slugs and buckshot have been gone a week virtually all pistol ammo disappeared by Thursday morning and that included a pallet full that came in on Thursday.

5.56/223 was gone on Friday, what was left of the 55 gr soft points from Winchester and Federal got snapped up. 7.62 whether x51, x39, or x54R also disappeared by Thursday. 300 Blackout sold out on Friday, some Remington Range Buckets got mixed in with the 380 ACP buckets so a couple sharp eyed late comers got lucky.

Had one woman break down crying when she was delayed on her firearm purchase. She was terrified her family was going to invade her home if things got bad. She showed the scar running from the back of her wrist to her elbow stating it was from her brother when she said she was moving out. One of the other guys put a box of ammo aside for her if she is not denied.

It has been chaotic with a lot of newcomers buying guns. It is interesting to see the reactions many have when it is explained to them what steps have to be taken to get some types of firearms. Even buying a typical long gun has some rather surprised. The best reaction was from a person who was buying a gun where the serial number started off DFL... He almost passed on it when told it was the last one but current hysteria won out.

What manufacturer would start a serial number with DFL?
Holland&Holland

Postby xd ED on Sat Mar 21, 2020 11:04 pm

Holland&Holland wrote:

One from out of state.
Like so much similar silliness, DFL is uniquely Minnesotan.
LET'S GO BRANDON
xd ED

Postby Holland&Holland on Sun Mar 22, 2020 6:40 am

xd ED wrote:
Holland&Holland wrote:

One from out of state.

I get that but who is starting with three letters?
Holland&Holland

LGS observation.

Postby gun_fan111v2 on Sun Mar 22, 2020 6:56 am

Holland&Holland wrote:
xd ED wrote:
Holland&Holland wrote:

One from out of state.

S&W M&P, Nighthawk, Beretta LTT, STI, Citadel all start with three letters. Of these I think only S&W could possibly start with DFL though :)
gun_fan111v2

Postby Holland&Holland on Sun Mar 22, 2020 7:12 am

gun_fan111v2 wrote:
Holland&Holland wrote:
xd ED wrote:One from out of state.

S&W M&P, Nighthawk, Beretta LTT, STI, Citadel all start with three letters. Of these I think only S&W could possibly start with DFL though :)

Ok, going from memory only I was recalling some that started with 2 letter and some with 2 but none with 3. Looking though it looks like all my glocks start with 3 letters. You are right that my 2 newer smiths do as well. Neither my STI or my beretta 92 do though. No do have a psa lower and an Aero lower that both do as well. The Aero starts with USA which is very cool.
Holland&Holland

LGS observation.

Postby gun_fan111v2 on Sun Mar 22, 2020 9:19 am

Holland&Holland wrote:Ok, going from memory only I was recalling some that started with 2 letter and some with 2 but none with 3. Looking though it looks like all my glocks start with 3 letters. You are right that my 2 newer smiths do as well. Neither my STI or my beretta 92 do though. No do have a psa lower and an Aero lower that both do as well. The Aero starts with USA which is very cool.

Older Glocks? My Gen4 starts with 4 letters. I guess with their mass production they need letters versus numbers to get more unique combinations from the same length serials.
gun_fan111v2

Postby Holland&Holland on Sun Mar 22, 2020 9:01 pm

gun_fan111v2 wrote:
Holland&Holland wrote:Ok, going from memory only I was recalling some that started with 2 letter and some with 2 but none with 3. Looking though it looks like all my glocks start with 3 letters. You are right that my 2 newer smiths do as well. Neither my STI or my beretta 92 do though. No do have a psa lower and an Aero lower that both do as well. The Aero starts with USA which is very cool.

Older Glocks? My Gen4 starts with 4 letters. I guess with their mass production they need letters versus numbers to get more unique combinations from the same length serials.

Not that old. Gen 3s. One 43.
Holland&Holland

Postby Drizzle on Sun Mar 22, 2020 9:11 pm

The PD I work for in the western suburbs had more than 30 permits to purchase last week, about triple the usual amount. I suspect many of those will get a Taurus or Springer 9mm from Cabela's, but even a blind pig finds a truffle now and again, and maybe a few will buy Glocks...
Drizzle

LGS observation.

Postby gun_fan111v2 on Sun Mar 22, 2020 9:27 pm

Springer 9mm is what I started with and it was my only gun for 5-6 years before I discovered CZs. Luckily back then there were not as many pocket guns...
gun_fan111v2

Postby smurfman on Mon Mar 23, 2020 9:26 am

xd ED wrote:
Holland&Holland wrote:

One from out of state.

This^.

The gun manufacturer is not based, headquartered, nor imported through/in Minnesota so the letters "DFL" would have no meaning to the vast majority of people of the world outside Minnesota. And many Minnesotans probably have little idea what those initials stand for.

As for manufacturer, who cares? Even if I could remember (I've worked 90 some hours in the last 11 days mostly selling guns since this stupidity began) it is of no importance. It was an amusing incident in the harried days of late.
smurfman

Postby Holland&Holland on Mon Mar 23, 2020 11:37 am

smurfman wrote:
xd ED wrote:
Holland&Holland wrote:

One from out of state.

This^.

The gun manufacturer is not based, headquartered, nor imported through/in Minnesota so the letters "DFL" would have no meaning to the vast majority of people of the world outside Minnesota. And many Minnesotans probably have little idea what those initials stand for.

As for manufacturer, who cares? Even if I could remember (I've worked 90 some hours in the last 11 days mostly selling guns since this stupidity began) it is of no importance. It was an amusing incident in the harried days of late.

Ya, I understand that. I was asking as I did not recall any serial numbers starting with 3 letters. Since that time we have performed a full evaluation and identified several manufacturers who are or have in the past done this.
Holland&Holland

Postby OldmanFCSA on Mon Mar 23, 2020 6:33 pm

Dang it - I never gave permission for a manufacturer to use my initials in their Serial Number string.

:picsneeded:
OldmanFCSA

Return to General Gun Chat