Virus-Panicked Liberal Gun Buyers Are Getting Angry

Discussion of firearm-related news stories. Please use "Off Topic" for non-firearm news.
Forum rules
Do NOT post the full text of published articles. If you would like to discuss a news story please link to it and, at most, include a brief summary of the article.

Virus-Panicked Liberal Gun Buyers Are Getting Angry

Postby jdege on Fri Apr 10, 2020 2:07 pm

https://www.redstate.com/kiradavis/2020/04/10/815520/
Virus-Panicked Liberal Gun Buyers Are Getting Angry When They Discover Their Own Gun Control Laws
More than a dozen of these buyers (men and women) actually thought that since they filled out and signed everything, they could just walk out and go home with the firearm. Several actually said they saw how easy it was to buy a gun on TV and why did they have to fill out all these forms.

The majority of these first timers lost their minds when we went through the Ammo Law requirements. Most used language not normally heard, even in a gun range. We pointed out that since no one working here voted for these laws, then maybe they might know someone who did. And, maybe they should go back and talk to those people and tell them to re-think their position on firearms – we were trying to be nice.

Most were VERY vocal about why it takes 10 days minimum (sometimes longer if the DOJ is backed up) to take their property home with them. They ask why do I need to wait 10 days if I need the protection today or tomorrow? We pointed out again that no one working here voted in support of that law.
jdege

Re: Virus-Panicked Liberal Gun Buyers Are Getting Angry

Postby Rip Van Winkle on Fri Apr 10, 2020 2:53 pm

Schadenfreude. :lol:
I will never apologize for being an American.
Post 435 Gun Club
North Star Rifle Club
cmpofficer@post435gunclub.org
48 down, Still in the hunt for a heavy!
President's Hundred (#48 2018)
Certified NRA RSO
Rip Van Winkle

Location: Unfashionable end of the western spiral arm, Galaxy Milky Way

Postby mc762x54R on Fri Apr 10, 2020 3:08 pm

Wait until they find out all the gun ranges are closed indefinitely, even the outdoor ones...
mc762x54R

Postby Bearcatrp on Fri Apr 10, 2020 4:31 pm

mc762x54R wrote:Wait until they find out all the gun ranges are closed indefinitely, even the outdoor ones...

They can practice in the house. :bolt:
Bearcatrp

Postby Ghost on Fri Apr 10, 2020 4:42 pm

Bearcatrp wrote:
mc762x54R wrote:Wait until they find out all the gun ranges are closed indefinitely, even the outdoor ones...

Ha like they’ll practice. All you need is a pump shotgun to rack the slide came long before just fire two blasts.
Ghost

Postby Holland&Holland on Sat Apr 11, 2020 6:25 am

Ghost wrote:
Bearcatrp wrote:

Ha like they’ll practice. All you need is a pump shotgun to rack the slide came long before just fire two blasts.

Technically what you need is a double barrel shotgun. Corn Pop don't mess with such a bad mofo. ;)
Holland&Holland

Postby xd ED on Sat Apr 11, 2020 8:24 am

Holland&Holland wrote:Technically what you need is a double barrel shotgun. Corn Pop don't mess with such a bad mofo. ;)

Word
LET'S GO BRANDON
xd ED

Postby westhope on Sat Apr 11, 2020 8:56 am

What do you base that information on? I know several that are still open to members shooting individually.
Because I care, I carry.
westhope

Postby Holland&Holland on Sat Apr 11, 2020 9:07 am

westhope wrote:

What do you base that information on? I know several that are still open to members shooting individually.

Not the 2 I am a member of. How many memberships to I need to pay for to have a place to shoot?
Holland&Holland

Postby hammAR on Sat Apr 11, 2020 11:42 am

Holland&Holland wrote:
westhope wrote:

Not the 2 I am a member of. How many memberships to I need to pay for to have a place to shoot?

Only one - IF it is the correct one................. :twisted:
All men are created equal....It's what they do from there that matters!.
hammAR

Postby mc762x54R on Sat Apr 11, 2020 1:52 pm

Which ones are open, clearly I can't depend on OGC....
mc762x54R

Postby BigDog58 on Sat Apr 11, 2020 7:14 pm

GRRC is open to members. All matches and club functions have been cancelled through May 4th
NRA RSO
"Never anger a man that can end you, from another zip code

If necessary to fight, I will Fight like I'm the 3rd Monkey on the ramp to Noah's Arc, and brother, it's starting to rain.
BigDog58

Postby Holland&Holland on Sun Apr 12, 2020 6:04 am

hammAR wrote:
Only one - IF it is the correct one................. :twisted:

So very true apparently.
Holland&Holland

Postby mc762x54R on Sun Apr 12, 2020 3:38 pm

BigDog58 wrote:GRRC is open to members. All matches and club functions have been cancelled through May 4th

Nice. Is anyone willing to sponsor me?
mc762x54R

Postby BigDog58 on Sun Apr 12, 2020 6:26 pm

mc762x54R wrote:
BigDog58 wrote:GRRC is open to members. All matches and club functions have been cancelled through May 4th

Nice. Is anyone willing to sponsor me?

You don't need a sponsor to submit your application. Once you submit your membership request, you have to attend two monthly meetings (don't know when those will resume yet). At the meeting you can easily find a sponsor, and it's best to find one that has interests in the same disciplines you are interested in. Such as Highpower, Benchrest, Trap, etc... Once that is known, it's easy to get a sponsor. If our interests are similar, I will sponsor you, or help you find a sponsor. I haven't seen anyone not get a sponsor, for anyone that meets all the other membership requirements.

In any case, if you decide to join it may be next year before there are more openings, due to there being a members number cap. I don't know where we currently stand, because the March & April meetings have been cancelled. If you need more info, or want to discuss this in more detail. PM me your number and I'll give you a call.
NRA RSO
"Never anger a man that can end you, from another zip code

If necessary to fight, I will Fight like I'm the 3rd Monkey on the ramp to Noah's Arc, and brother, it's starting to rain.
BigDog58

Next

Return to In The News