Quarantine Goofiness

Gun related chat that doesn't fit in another forum

Quarantine Goofiness

Postby linksep on Sat May 16, 2020 11:37 pm

What's the goofiest gun or gun related thing you've bought in the last 3 months or so (recent enough that you can blame it on temporary insanity brought on by lockdown)?

I reached deep down on my shopping list and purchased #8 (or less-important) because it was a "Deal of the day"... My application to join the Strormtroopers has been delayed due to the 'Rona but I'm pretty sure they will accept me once they see I already have their official sidearm...

TP9SFX.jpg
TP9SFX.jpg (5.11 KB) Viewed 3579 times

When I was having a gun cleaning party with a buddy after pistol league one night I swore off "silver guns because you can see all the dirt and powder residue on them".
Science: noun, Whatever answer will help to advance communism.
linksep

Re: Quarantine Goofiness

Postby Holland&Holland on Sun May 17, 2020 7:36 am

Not gun related but craziness related. With the projected pork shortage. Bought a 300 lb hog last weekend and butchered it myself. Freezer is full :D
Holland&Holland

Postby linksep on Tue May 19, 2020 7:08 am

I've also had my eye on one of those stupid Heritage 16" revolvers... wasn't even on my wish-list at all and there's at least 8 other guns on my wish-list that would serve far more purpose... maybe I watched Batman too many times as a kid...

Rough Rider.jpg

joker2.gif
linksep

Postby Holland&Holland on Tue May 19, 2020 7:40 am

Wrong Bat.
Holland&Holland

Postby LarryFlew on Tue May 19, 2020 11:12 am

linksep wrote:I've also had my eye on one of those stupid Heritage 16" revolvers... wasn't even on my wish-list at all and there's at least 8 other guns on my wish-list that would serve far more purpose... maybe I watched Batman too many times as a kid...

Just bought one with adjustable sight (hard to find). Good luck finding someone that will ship to MN because it falls under our melting point Saturday night special law. Surprised at the quality and balance. I have been a fan of the 9.5 inch Single Six for some time so I HAD TO HAVE ONE. BTW gonna sell a couple of my 3 long Single Sixes since I typically grab the same one whenever I get that urge. Real tack drivers.
If you're having second thoughts you're two ahead of most Democrats
LarryFlew

Location: Hamburg, MN - CZ fan - Class of 66 - USAF 66-70 - NRA life since 1970

Postby rtk on Tue May 19, 2020 3:15 pm

Holland&Holland wrote:Wrong Bat.

Yep.
The sky is falling, the sky is falling....(Chicken Little)
rtk

Postby Erud on Tue May 19, 2020 3:23 pm

LarryFlew wrote:
linksep wrote:I've also had my eye on one of those stupid Heritage 16" revolvers... wasn't even on my wish-list at all and there's at least 8 other guns on my wish-list that would serve far more purpose... maybe I watched Batman too many times as a kid...

Just bought one with adjustable sight (hard to find). Good luck finding someone that will ship to MN because it falls under our melting point Saturday night special law. Surprised at the quality and balance. I have been a fan of the 9.5 inch Single Six for some time so I HAD TO HAVE ONE. BTW gonna sell a couple of my 3 long Single Sixes since I typically grab the same one whenever I get that urge. Real tack drivers.

If only we would have listened to Russtra... :cry:
Erud

Postby Holland&Holland on Tue May 19, 2020 9:24 pm

I thought he single handedly fixed this issue?
Holland&Holland

Postby Holland&Holland on Tue May 19, 2020 9:25 pm

Or was I supposed to do something? I forget.
Holland&Holland

Postby linksep on Tue May 19, 2020 11:06 pm

LarryFlew wrote:Just bought one with adjustable sight (hard to find). Good luck finding someone that will ship to MN because it falls under our melting point Saturday night special law. Surprised at the quality and balance. I have been a fan of the 9.5 inch Single Six for some time so I HAD TO HAVE ONE. BTW gonna sell a couple of my 3 long Single Sixes since I typically grab the same one whenever I get that urge. Real tack drivers.

Luckily I moved to an ever-so-slightly freer state. Good tip on the adjustable sight! I didn't check, I just assumed Heritage only had fixed-sights. Obviously I gotta get a laugh outta the guys at pistol league (if pistol league continues to be a thing post Wuhan Coronavirus) so adjustable sights would be much preferred over Kentucky windage.
linksep

Postby Erud on Wed May 20, 2020 4:34 am

Holland&Holland wrote:I thought he single handedly fixed this issue?

He was more of an “idea” guy.
Erud

Postby Ghost on Wed May 20, 2020 5:11 am

Erud wrote:

Ghost

Postby Holland&Holland on Wed May 20, 2020 6:41 am

I hope he stocked up on TP.
Holland&Holland

Postby xd ED on Wed May 20, 2020 7:14 am

Erud wrote:

cell_phone_on_toilet_thinker_by_googlespeak-d6iw9ov.jpg
cell_phone_on_toilet_thinker_by_googlespeak-d6iw9ov.jpg (20.11 KB) Viewed 3422 times
LET'S GO BRANDON
xd ED

Postby hard h2o on Wed May 20, 2020 11:04 am

LarryFlew wrote:

My wife was gifted one of the Heritage Arms Single Action .22s. It sure is fun to shoot. I will have to let her know what a scoundrel she is by not following the letter of the law.
hard h2o

Next

Return to General Gun Chat