NRA Lockton Affinity Outdoors Firearms Insurance

Share your reviews of firearms and related products and services.

NRA Lockton Affinity Outdoors Firearms Insurance

Postby warrlac on Tue Aug 25, 2020 4:29 pm

Just wondering what other members do regarding firearms insurance?

The NRA is affiliated with Lockton Affinity Outdoors. Reading the policy coverage, you are basically covered for Fire and Theft. There are limits to what is covered. For example, they do NOT cover: ammunition, bayonets, knives, binoculars, spotting scopes or "Illegal weapons".

Exclusions include any kind of damage from poor storage, rain, snow, dust as well as acts of war or confiscation by order of any government or public authority, Nuclear radiation, etc.

Firearms stolen as a result of breaking and entering a LOCKED VEHICLE or portion of a locked vehicle IS covered.

Cost of coverage is roughly $1.25 per hundred dollars of valuation per year. Seems to be Stated Value coverage. You tell them how many dollars in guns you have and they cover you for that amount. This is lower than what I was quoted by my insurance agent as a rider on my homeowners policy.

I'm wondering what other members do?

- Insure with " We don't call 911"?
    - A rider to existing homeowner's policy?
    - NRA?
    - Other insurer?

Never had to file a claim but I doubt the policy would cover replacement value (at current prices)...

Thanks,
Warrlac
warrlac

Re: NRA Lockton Affinity Outdoors Firearms Insurance

Postby Ghost on Tue Aug 25, 2020 4:45 pm

Homeowners insurance rider
Ghost

Postby Holland&Holland on Tue Aug 25, 2020 9:03 pm

Ghost wrote:Homeowners insurance rider

+1
Holland&Holland

Postby wrench on Wed Aug 26, 2020 5:57 am

https://www.easterninsurance.com/insura ... c-firearms

Affordable, they seem to have a good reputation in the community.
Remember, gun control is not about guns, it's about control.
wrench

Postby crbutler on Thu Aug 27, 2020 1:12 pm

I have certain guns (the ones I travel with mostly) insured with SAIA through a SCI related program.

They work on replacement value basis, at what you mutually agree to in the case of unique or no longer made items. They will insure scopes, extra stocks, etc. and you are covered for loss regardless of where it happens (mostly I got it to protect against airline baggage apes) and they paid for stock damage one time from that (TSA put the gun in the case but not in the cutouts- amazing how much nicking and dinging a bolt can do in a pelican case to a walnut stock...) with no problems. It’s any cause insurance, but they do require proof of loss (like a police report or airline report, or estimates in case of damage.)

I don’t recall exactly the rates, but I think less than 1% agreed value.

They will insure NFA stuff per my contact with them, but I haven’t bothered as the SG suppressor was not all that it was cracked up to be, and I see no reason to travel with that stuff.

You do have to give make/model/SN to get coverage.

Homeowners riders also work, but they told me it only applied at home- not if traveling, so I didn’t bother with that.
crbutler

Postby smurfman on Thu Aug 27, 2020 7:40 pm

Rider on my homeowner's policy. Guns are covered while traveling except by carrier such as airline, train, etc. Travel by personal vehicle is covered. I pay for a set value amount rather than replacement. Previous company required an accounting of items plus value to insure which had to be updated for any additions or subtractions. Current method is simpler though I might be under covered briefly at times.
smurfman

Postby grimbeaver on Thu Sep 03, 2020 10:14 am

I have them scheduled on my homeowners. I have some scopes scheduled too. It gets scheduled for appraised value or paid value. I am probably paying somewhere around $1.75 per $100 scheduled. Never looked that close. My only issue is my custom built ARs I need to have appraised since trying to cobble together a receipt would be hard, but they say it has to be from a certified appraiser which I couldn't even find out who certifies such people.
grimbeaver

Return to Reviews