There’s Just One NRA A-Rated Democrat Left In Congress

Discussion of firearm-related news stories. Please use "Off Topic" for non-firearm news.
Forum rules
Do NOT post the full text of published articles. If you would like to discuss a news story please link to it and, at most, include a brief summary of the article.

Re: There’s Just One NRA A-Rated Democrat Left In Congress

Postby Holland&Holland on Tue Sep 15, 2020 5:51 pm

Lumpy wrote:
Holland&Holland wrote:So what do you propose? Vote for Democrats?

I don't have a solution; it just sucks.

I agree with that.
Holland&Holland

Postby Chunkychuck on Tue Sep 15, 2020 8:11 pm

I’m sorry. I can’t understand the whining about Trump. By far he has done things that no republican president has done that has made things better since Reagan. Do you complainers want a Harris-Biden administration, oops a Biden-Harris administration? You need to support Trump not just because he is the lesser of two evils, which seems to be the only reason some are voting for him. But you need to support him so that whoever will be the Republican nominee in 4 years will have time to develop and further their candidacy.
Chunkychuck

Postby Holland&Holland on Tue Sep 15, 2020 10:09 pm

Chunkychuck wrote:I’m sorry. I can’t understand the whining about Trump. By far he has done things that no republican president has done that has made things better since Reagan. Do you complainers want a Harris-Biden administration, oops a Biden-Harris administration? You need to support Trump not just because he is the lesser of two evils, which seems to be the only reason some are voting for him. But you need to support him so that whoever will be the Republican nominee in 4 years will have time to develop and further their candidacy.

Who's whining about Trump?

But since you brought it up, how is he pro gun? I seem to recall him shafting us over bump stocks.
Holland&Holland

Postby Chunkychuck on Tue Sep 15, 2020 11:20 pm

Holland&Holland wrote:
Lumpy wrote:
Holland&Holland wrote:So what do you propose? Vote for Democrats?

I don't have a solution; it just sucks.

I agree with that.

For me, this post sounds like whining against Trump. And since you brought it up, where did I say he was pro-gun. I said we needed to vote for him for the good he has done and to help give time for whoever will be the nominee in 2024 to develop and further their candidacy.
Chunkychuck

Postby linksep on Wed Sep 16, 2020 6:47 am

Trump has been arguably the worst 2A president in history...but nowhere near as bad as I thought he would be and only 1/10,000th as bad as Hillary would have been or the next democrat will be.

That said, Trump has surprised me to the good side on almost every other possible policy or position.
Science: noun, Whatever answer will help to advance communism.
linksep

Postby BigBlue on Wed Sep 16, 2020 7:18 am

linksep wrote:Trump has been arguably the worst 2A president in history...but nowhere near as bad as I thought he would be and only 1/10,000th as bad as Hillary would have been or the next democrat will be.

That said, Trump has surprised me to the good side on almost every other possible policy or position.

Worst 2A president in history?? Worse than whoever presided over the NFA or the original 'assault' weapon ban? Yes, I get that trying to ban bump stocks by changing definitions was a really bad precedent but I just don't see how that was the worst 2A thing to ever happen.

BB
BigBlue

Postby yukonjasper on Wed Sep 16, 2020 1:43 pm

linksep wrote:Trump has been arguably the worst 2A president in history...but nowhere near as bad as I thought he would be and only 1/10,000th as bad as Hillary would have been or the next democrat will be.

I'd like some proof of the initial statement
If bump stocks is where you plant your litmus test......... :roll: good lord.....
Deo Adjuvante Non Timendum - (with the help of God there is nothing to be afraid of)
Spectamur Agendo - (We are proven by our actions)
Non Ducor, Duco - (I am not led, I lead)
NRA Life Member
yukonjasper

Postby Bearcatrp on Wed Sep 16, 2020 5:48 pm

Time for you to quit smoking that reefer! :shameonyou:
Bearcatrp

Postby Holland&Holland on Wed Sep 16, 2020 6:53 pm

Chunkychuck wrote:
For me, this post sounds like whining against Trump. And since you brought it up, where did I say he was pro-gun. I said we needed to vote for him for the good he has done and to help give time for whoever will be the nominee in 2024 to develop and further their candidacy.
[/quote]
Then open your ears. I voted for him the first time and I will again. His good outweighs his bad for me but please don’t tell me he is the ideal president. That is what I am saying
Holland&Holland

Previous

Return to In The News