2021 is going to be a horrible year for gun rights

Firearms related political discussion forum

Postby Lumpy on Tue Jan 05, 2021 11:14 am

I'm depressed; with the now near-certain election of Biden and Harris, the gun control crowd are looking forward to pushing every anti-gun law and regulation they can. Widespread and well-funded gun prohibition movements are gearing up all across the country, and millions of hoplophobes see nothing wrong with this ("nobody needs an assault weapon"). Even many who believe in gun ownership still voted for the Dems as (in their viewpoint) the lesser of two evils, only now they're getting gun control as a bundled deal whether they wanted it or not. The only ray of light I see is a conservative Supreme Court; but will the court ever give up its habit of refusing to touch gun control cases with a twenty-foot pole via denying certiorari? If gun ownership is supported only by a small minority of aficionados, we're going to lose.
Lumpy

Re: 2021 is going to be a horrible year for gun rights

Postby yukonjasper on Tue Jan 05, 2021 12:16 pm

Agreed, so what do you think should happen? What steps should be taken to combat the threat. One thing to state the obvious, quite another to provoke action to make a difference.
Deo Adjuvante Non Timendum - (with the help of God there is nothing to be afraid of)
Spectamur Agendo - (We are proven by our actions)
Non Ducor, Duco - (I am not led, I lead)
NRA Life Member
yukonjasper

Postby PHATSPEED7x on Tue Jan 05, 2021 12:27 pm

Cold dead hands! COLD DEAD HANDS!

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk
"Amateurs train until they get it right... Professionals train until they get it wrong"
PHATSPEED7x

Postby Holland&Holland on Tue Jan 05, 2021 1:35 pm

Lumpy wrote:I'm depressed; with the now near-certain election of Biden and Harris, the gun control crowd are looking forward to pushing every anti-gun law and regulation they can. Widespread and well-funded gun prohibition movements are gearing up all across the country, and millions of hoplophobes see nothing wrong with this ("nobody needs an assault weapon"). Even many who believe in gun ownership still voted for the Dems as (in their viewpoint) the lesser of two evils, only now they're getting gun control as a bundled deal whether they wanted it or not. The only ray of light I see is a conservative Supreme Court; but will the court ever give up its habit of refusing to touch gun control cases with a twenty-foot pole via denying certiorari? If gun ownership is supported only by a small minority of aficionados, we're going to lose.

Did today’s election in GA get called already?
Holland&Holland

Postby atomic41 on Tue Jan 05, 2021 1:54 pm

Holland&Holland wrote:
Lumpy wrote:I'm depressed; with the now near-certain election of Biden and Harris, the gun control crowd are looking forward to pushing every anti-gun law and regulation they can. Widespread and well-funded gun prohibition movements are gearing up all across the country, and millions of hoplophobes see nothing wrong with this ("nobody needs an assault weapon"). Even many who believe in gun ownership still voted for the Dems as (in their viewpoint) the lesser of two evils, only now they're getting gun control as a bundled deal whether they wanted it or not. The only ray of light I see is a conservative Supreme Court; but will the court ever give up its habit of refusing to touch gun control cases with a twenty-foot pole via denying certiorari? If gun ownership is supported only by a small minority of aficionados, we're going to lose.

I don't think it's over but they are stealing it live and people are trying to bring attention to it but of course it's being ignored and since the governor and SOS are swamprats, they are going to do nothing.

As far as what to do if the communists do get in, I'm not sure that we can stop them by traditional means because elections are just stolen now and SCOTUS has abandoned us. I think non compliance is our only option. The fix is in guys, sad to say but we are going to have to take a stand for all of our rights very soon and it is not going to be pretty.
atomic41

Postby Holland&Holland on Tue Jan 05, 2021 3:22 pm

atomic41 wrote:
Holland&Holland wrote:

I don't think it's over but they are stealing it live and people are trying to bring attention to it but of course it's being ignored and since the governor and SOS are swamprats, they are going to do nothing.

As far as what to do if the communists do get in, I'm not sure that we can stop them by traditional means because elections are just stolen now and SCOTUS has abandoned us. I think non compliance is our only option. The fix is in guys, sad to say but we are going to have to take a stand for all of our rights very soon and it is not going to be pretty.

Are you referring to Trumps death bellows or the Senate race?
Holland&Holland

Postby atomic41 on Tue Jan 05, 2021 4:40 pm

Did today’s election in GA get called already?[/quote]

As far as what to do if the communists do get in, I'm not sure that we can stop them by traditional means because elections are just stolen now and SCOTUS has abandoned us. I think non compliance is our only option. The fix is in guys, sad to say but we are going to have to take a stand for all of our rights very soon and it is not going to be pretty.[/quote]

Are you referring to Trumps death bellows or the Senate race?[/quote]

The senate runoff. It's being stolen and people are trying like hell to get help. Several districts that favor republicans have their machines "down". They are telling people to just go home and it will get fixed and counted later. Then there is the same old stunts from November, poll watchers are being pushed out again. Also, tons of people went in to vote and were told that they already did. When they protest, the poll workers do something on a computer then tell them, it's ok now. This is all happening right now.

Then if you watched the GA hearing last week, a data forensics team hacked into two machines live at the election fraud hearing! They showed them how that they just hacked in live and the machines are not supposed to be on the internet. It's being stolen again and will every time going forward. We can't vote our way out of this mess anymore folks. The only thing stopping the agenda from being fully implemented is our 2A. It will be under assault very soon.

My point and keeping on topic is, we used to have some power legislatively, that is gone now. Elections are fixed, they are not worried about losing votes anymore. Buckle up, it's gonna be a rough ride!
atomic41

Postby kollector03 on Tue Jan 05, 2021 5:45 pm

atomic41 wrote:Did today’s election in GA get called already?

As far as what to do if the communists do get in, I'm not sure that we can stop them by traditional means because elections are just stolen now and SCOTUS has abandoned us. I think non compliance is our only option. The fix is in guys, sad to say but we are going to have to take a stand for all of our rights very soon and it is not going to be pretty.[/quote]

Are you referring to Trumps death bellows or the Senate race?[/quote]

The senate runoff. It's being stolen and people are trying like hell to get help. Several districts that favor republicans have their machines "down". They are telling people to just go home and it will get fixed and counted later. Then there is the same old stunts from November, poll watchers are being pushed out again. Also, tons of people went in to vote and were told that they already did. When they protest, the poll workers do something on a computer then tell them, it's ok now. This is all happening right now.

Then if you watched the GA hearing last week, a data forensics team hacked into two machines live at the election fraud hearing! They showed them how that they just hacked in live and the machines are not supposed to be on the internet. It's being stolen again and will every time going forward. We can't vote our way out of this mess anymore folks. The only thing stopping the agenda from being fully implemented is our 2A. It will be under assault very soon.

My point and keeping on topic is, we used to have some power legislatively, that is gone now. Elections are fixed, they are not worried about losing votes anymore. Buckle up, it's gonna be a rough ride![/quote]

The 2A safety layer is going to be pushed as hard as they can. Just heard from a friend of mine that has had an order of AR parts (just parts, no lowers) being held by a postmaster who claims that he has to hold it until they get notification from management regarding shipments like this. supposedly they have a 15 page memo outlining Biden's plan for the first 100 days and they are waiting for a reply from the Biden team as to whether they can deliver it or not. I told my friend that that is complete BS and its an activist postmaster that is messing with him holding up interstate commerce and that he should contact the US Postmaster General, his US representative and both senators with a letter asking for assistance. Told him the squeaky wheel gets the grease and that he should raise holy hell with everyone he can think of to get this activist liberal postmaster removed or slapped down.
kollector03

Postby Lumpy on Tue Jan 05, 2021 9:52 pm

yukonjasper wrote:Agreed, so what do you think should happen? What steps should be taken to combat the threat. One thing to state the obvious, quite another to provoke action to make a difference.
I honestly don't know. Ultimately there has to be enough support at the grassroots level; if 3/4 of the country doesn't care enough about 2nd Amendment rights to object to it being infringed, it will be infringed and gun owners outrage will simply be ignored.

The problem is that people who are lucky enough to go their whole lives without needing a gun don't see why that shouldn't be the norm for everybody. And so the reasoning goes, if the middle class doesn't need guns and the criminals shouldn't have guns, then why don't we get rid of guns? And of course it's safe to do so because we live in a democracy where the police and the military will never, ever enforce tyranny. :roll: It's the sheep saying that nobody should have fangs or claws, except maybe trained sheep dogs who have the shepherd's permission.

The thing is, given those presumptions that mindset makes sense at least superficially. It's the old dream of the Peaceable Kingdom, where we beat our swords into plowshares (or melt down our guns to make peace medallions) and join hands in a circle to sing Kumbaya. To give the devil his due, if you don't examine the details too closely it's a compelling narrative. It would almost make sense if we really were a nation where the mostly safe, almost always peaceful middle class existence was the norm.

That's what we're really fighting against, that narrative and the progressives on the Left who promise to make it come true, who insist that it has already come true in disarmed Europe, and that all we need to do is give them a mandate and trust them. And how we could go about changing that mindset I don't know. We already know why banning guns is a bad idea but preaching to the choir isn't going to convert anyone. And for the most part it isn't a matter of simply correcting the uninformed; it would require overturning the assumptions that the unarmed based their whole worldview on, which is not only difficult but bound to be actively resisted. Short of the collapse of civil order and people waking up to realize that peace, safety and prosperity aren't the default condition of society that's theirs by birthright, I don't know what else would do it.
Lumpy

Postby BigDog58 on Wed Jan 06, 2021 3:48 am

I fear that in the near future, it may come down to Voting from the Roof. It will be left up to us, those that know that the 2A and the Constitution, were written to limit the government's power, may have to show that we will NOT SIT IDLY BY, and allow ANYONE to trample upon our god given rights.

I hope it doesn't come to this, but I fear it's rapidly coming our way.

I Will Not Comply!
NRA RSO
"Never anger a man that can end you, from another zip code

If necessary to fight, I will Fight like I'm the 3rd Monkey on the ramp to Noah's Arc, and brother, it's starting to rain.
BigDog58

Postby atomic41 on Wed Jan 06, 2021 9:28 am

BigDog58 wrote:I fear that in the near future, it may come down to Voting from the Roof. It will be left up to us, those that know that the 2A and the Constitution, were written to limit the government's power, may have to show that we will NOT SIT IDLY BY, and allow ANYONE to trample upon our god given rights.

I hope it doesn't come to this, but I fear it's rapidly coming our way.

I Will Not Comply!

It's coming very soon my man, get ready. Elections are done/gone forever and the sooner you all realize it the sooner you will see what happens next. There is no fixing this by voting our way out, even most republicans are in on the new world order plan. There are just two roadblocks to their agenda. Trump and 2A. Trump may be gone very soon, that leaves us with one last remedy and they are going after it very soon...get ready, it's going to get very ugly for us.
atomic41

Postby atomic41 on Wed Jan 06, 2021 1:07 pm

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ENPkiDl ... e=emb_logo

:shock: Well, a million patriots are storming the capital sooo......
atomic41

Postby BigBlue on Wed Jan 06, 2021 3:25 pm

Seen some pics and it looks like really big crowds there. Not sure if they were legit or photoshopped.

Doesn't sound like their actions are making a great impression though. I mean... apparently warranted, but still.
BigBlue

Postby yukonjasper on Wed Jan 06, 2021 3:56 pm

Unless you can burn stuff down and call people racist... you won't get any play. Add the media labels as white supremist or Fascist thugs and you will be dismissed for all the wrong reasons.

The shame of it is that the normal Joe and Jane Sixpack are just to morally guided and upstanding that they can't be the Animals that the Left is to match the ruthlessness.

There is a reason why police and the military exist. Most people don't have the stomach to handle the "wet" nasty work necessary to counter a morally corrupt opponent with the same level of zeal.
Deo Adjuvante Non Timendum - (with the help of God there is nothing to be afraid of)
Spectamur Agendo - (We are proven by our actions)
Non Ducor, Duco - (I am not led, I lead)
NRA Life Member
yukonjasper

Postby LarryFlew on Wed Jan 06, 2021 4:06 pm

If only the news media realized free speech is next and 2A people won't be there to stop the madness.
If you're having second thoughts you're two ahead of most Democrats
LarryFlew

Location: Hamburg, MN - CZ fan - Class of 66 - USAF 66-70 - NRA life since 1970

Next

Return to Politics