National Rifle Association Files for Chapter 11 Bankruptcy

Discussion of firearm-related news stories. Please use "Off Topic" for non-firearm news.
Forum rules
Do NOT post the full text of published articles. If you would like to discuss a news story please link to it and, at most, include a brief summary of the article.

Re: National Rifle Association Files for Chapter 11 Bankruptcy

Postby crbutler on Sun Jan 17, 2021 8:19 pm

As long as WLP goes, things will be ok.

If not, it will become irrelevant.
crbutler

Postby Erud on Sun Jan 17, 2021 9:11 pm

crbutler wrote:As long as WLP goes, things will be ok.

If not, it will become irrelevant.

Wayne is in charge of the reorganization.
Erud

Postby yukonjasper on Sun Jan 17, 2021 10:21 pm

Who else should be running
the show? Uncle Ted?
Deo Adjuvante Non Timendum - (with the help of God there is nothing to be afraid of)
Spectamur Agendo - (We are proven by our actions)
Non Ducor, Duco - (I am not led, I lead)
NRA Life Member
yukonjasper

Postby warrlac on Wed Jan 20, 2021 4:04 pm

According to a reliable source, the NRA used Chapter 11 as a means to escape the persecution of the state of New York Attorney General. Letitia James campaigned on destroying the NRA. Using virtually unlimited New York taxpayer funds, she is attempting to destroy a non-profit organization that she personally does not like.

Under Chapter 11 protection (despite the stigma that goes with it), an entity can choose the jurisdiction under which its case is heard. In this situation someplace in Texas. Also, Chapter 11 protects from frivolous and specious civil litigation.

Given the current political climate and platform change at the federal level, the NRA needs member support now more than ever.
warrlac

Postby Erud on Wed Jan 20, 2021 4:13 pm

warrlac wrote:Given the current political climate and platform change at the federal level, the NRA needs member support now more than ever.

I don't know, man. They have been wasting our money and compromising on the second amendment for a lot of years. They're going to have to earn my support again if they want it, I am not sending any money today because of good things they did 30 years ago. Keeping Wayne Lapierre in charge despite the outcry from membership to withhold support unless he's removed tells me everything I need to know. They either can't, or they won't - the result is the same either way.
Erud

Postby yukonjasper on Wed Jan 20, 2021 5:07 pm

They have my support. Who else is going to do it? This "purity test" BS is the quickest way to punt your 2nd Amendment rights. Keep searching for perfect, see how that goes.
Deo Adjuvante Non Timendum - (with the help of God there is nothing to be afraid of)
NRA Life Member
yukonjasper

Postby Erud on Wed Jan 20, 2021 5:18 pm

Lol. If perfect is the enemy of good, then what is “terrible” the enemy of? Because that’s what the NRA has given us for at least the last 10 years. Send them all the money you want, they’ll be happy to waste it. I’ve been a life member for years, but I won’t throw good money after bad just because “who else is going to do it?” It’s been a long time since the NRA was “doing it” for gun owners, and they’ve punted plenty of your gun rights in that time. Take a look at this if you want to get some idea of the corruption that’s been going on there:

https://ag.ny.gov/sites/default/files/f ... .06.20.pdf

Or don’t, and just keep sending them money. The BOD had the chance to take care of this 3 years ago when Oliver North exposed the slimy **** going on with Wayne and Ackerman-McQueen, along with lots of other shady swamp BS. They did nothing. No more money from me.

And don’t come back with “That’s just what the state of NY says”, the light got shined on this crap from inside the NRA 3 years ago.
Erud

Postby Bearcatrp on Wed Jan 20, 2021 7:27 pm

When Wayne is removed, I will renew my membership. Until then, the NRA can kiss my arse!
Bearcatrp

Postby yukonjasper on Wed Jan 20, 2021 7:28 pm

Since when is the AG of NY a credible barometer of good and bad? The AG of NY has such a hard-on to wreck anything not progressive, they will literally say anything to make that happen. Remember, this is the same ilk that pursued impeachment based on a phone call and a bunch of fake documents.

Can we afford to be so cynical that we turn away from any opportunity to protect what we claim to be important to us?

If you are saying that you feel like you contributed as much as you care to for the cause and you aren't concerned about what happens if you don't contribute anything additional, I guess that's fine, your choice, obviously.

I think gun owners are at a critical point in the political cycle to jump ship and hope another group can get to where the NRA is today, even with its faults.

Frankly, what should happen is that all these groups should form a coalition and pool resources. If they aren't interested in doing that, that tells me that they are equally guilty of being strictly after money and the banner of 2nd Amendment rights is just an excuse to fleece people.

Maybe they all are.......and we are the dupes...and all is lost....let's just gather up our collections and drop them off at the nearest Federal Building and save a lot of time, effort and money.
NRA Life Member
yukonjasper

Postby Erud on Wed Jan 20, 2021 7:59 pm

Again, read the last sentence of my previous post. All of this came out 3 years ago when then-NRA President Oliver North and Chris Cox brought it to the NRA annual meeting and presented it to the BOD. If you missed it, you weren’t paying attention. The state of NY’s lawsuit just compiled it into one convenient location for easy reading, but it’s the same stuff Oliver North exposed. The 75-member board of directors (see any problem with that?) had the opportunity to act on it then, but instead they rallied around Wayne and sent North and Cox packing. Many good board members resigned over it, and the remaining swamp creatures (most of the board) became even more entrenched. They won’t get rid of Wayne, they won’t leave, and they aren’t interested in you or your 2nd amendment rights. They used to be an organization worth supporting, but those days are over. Send them all the money you want, it doesn’t change those facts.
Erud

Postby yukonjasper on Wed Jan 20, 2021 10:48 pm

Ok, so what do you suggest people who want to defend the 2nd Amendment do?
NRA Life Member
yukonjasper

Postby Holland&Holland on Wed Jan 20, 2021 10:51 pm

yukonjasper wrote:Ok, so what do you suggest people who want to defend the 2nd Amendment do?

At this point? Buy a gun, buy ammo, and dig in.
Holland&Holland

Postby jdege on Wed Jan 20, 2021 11:55 pm

Whatever form the NRA is reorganized into, whatever new bylaws are set, who are the members of the board, or how they are selected, or who are the officers, is going to be a judge in Texas who will have to approve it all.

I don't expect LaPierre to survive it.
jdege

Postby Erud on Thu Jan 21, 2021 5:48 am

yukonjasper wrote:Ok, so what do you suggest people who want to defend the 2nd Amendment do?

Send your money to the MN Gun Owners Caucus, they have actually effected positive 2A changes here in MN with a very small staff and budget. At the federal level, GOA works a heck of a lot harder than the NRA has for many years. While Wayne and the NRA were encouraging the ATF to “take another look” at bump stocks, the GOA was suing the federal government over the ruling.
Erud

Postby Erud on Thu Jan 21, 2021 5:49 am

jdege wrote:Whatever form the NRA is reorganized into, whatever new bylaws are set, who are the members of the board, or how they are selected, or who are the officers, is going to be a judge in Texas who will have to approve it all.

I don't expect LaPierre to survive it.

That would be a great outcome. I’ll believe it when I see it.
Erud

PreviousNext

Return to In The News