Freedom Fighters provide security to Mpls Black community

Discussion of firearm-related news stories. Please use "Off Topic" for non-firearm news.
Forum rules
Do NOT post the full text of published articles. If you would like to discuss a news story please link to it and, at most, include a brief summary of the article.

Freedom Fighters provide security to Mpls Black community

Postby jdege on Thu Mar 25, 2021 6:16 am

https://news.yahoo.com/freedom-fighters-security-minneapolis-black-014947101.html
Freedom Fighters provide security to Minneapolis Black community
Armed with AR-15 rifles and sporting bulletproof vests, members of the Minnesota Freedom Fighters (MNFF), a Black self-defense group formed after the death of George Floyd, describe themselves as a "bridge" between the police and the African-American community.

"We're trying to show the world that we can protect our people also with arms and weapons and be trustworthy," Randy Chrisman, a 30-year-old MNFF member, told AFP.

"Basically we want to change the narrative of Black people carrying weapons," said Chrisman, who has been patrolling Minneapolis since last summer, when Floyd died while being arrested by a white police officer.
jdege

Re: Freedom Fighters provide security to Mpls Black community

Postby Rip Van Winkle on Thu Mar 25, 2021 7:18 am

Anybody know anything about this group?

I'm all for community members banding together to protect themselves, but I'm dubious when they describe themselves as "an elite security unit".
I will never apologize for being an American.
Post 435 Gun Club
North Star Rifle Club
cmpofficer@post435gunclub.org
48 down, Still in the hunt for a heavy!
President's Hundred (#48 2018)
Certified NRA RSO
Rip Van Winkle

Location: Unfashionable end of the western spiral arm, Galaxy Milky Way

Postby Holland&Holland on Thu Mar 25, 2021 7:20 am

So if militia's are white they are racist terrorists. If they are black they are freedom fighters taking over for police.

Gotta love double standards.
Holland&Holland

Postby Lumpy on Thu Mar 25, 2021 9:45 am

If guns are a right, they're a right for everybody. Frankly we need more minorities, women, lgbtq, gun-owning Dems, etc. to stand up for gun ownership, to deflate the narrative that only white male conservatives are in favor of the 2nd Amendment.
Lumpy

Postby Holland&Holland on Thu Mar 25, 2021 3:44 pm

Lumpy wrote:If guns are a right, they're a right for everybody. Frankly we need more minorities, women, lgbtq, gun-owning Dems, etc. to stand up for gun ownership, to deflate the narrative that only white male conservatives are in favor of the 2nd Amendment.

I have no issue with this, I do have an issue being called a domestic terrorist and a racist if I attended a Trump rally.
Holland&Holland

Postby TSKNIGHT on Thu Mar 25, 2021 6:06 pm

Holland&Holland wrote:
Lumpy wrote:If guns are a right, they're a right for everybody. Frankly we need more minorities, women, lgbtq, gun-owning Dems, etc. to stand up for gun ownership, to deflate the narrative that only white male conservatives are in favor of the 2nd Amendment.

I have no issue with this, I do have an issue being called a domestic terrorist and a racist if I attended a Trump rally.

I don't see any difference with this than any other neighborhood watch program and have no problem with them being armed. In fact, if it were my neighborhood, I might be right there beside them.
They enjoy the same rights as every other citizen of these United States.

Reality is that the PTB's failed last summer and the only alternative those neighborhoods have is to take care of themselves because the authorities continue to fail them.
TSKNIGHT

Postby Holland&Holland on Thu Mar 25, 2021 8:10 pm

TSKNIGHT wrote:
Holland&Holland wrote:

I don't see any difference with this than any other neighborhood watch program and have no problem with them being armed. In fact, if it were my neighborhood, I might be right there beside them.
They enjoy the same rights as every other citizen of these United States.

Reality is that the PTB's failed last summer and the only alternative those neighborhoods have is to take care of themselves because the authorities continue to fail them.

As long as it applies equally, I am all for it.
Holland&Holland

Postby photogpat on Sat Mar 27, 2021 5:54 am

This is pure 2nd Amendment.

No issues at all with it.
Nothing to see here. Continue swimming.
photogpat

Postby Sorcerer on Sat Mar 27, 2021 2:32 pm

Until these “neighborhood watch groups” attempt to be law enforcement. I would expect to see the same thing as the G F square. Third World War lords, each with “there” interpretation of laws. Go ahead and try to travel freely. The happenings in Mogadishu with the war lords trying to control and take territory. Oh wait that’s Chicago, Minneapolis.
Sorcerer

Return to In The News