Camping World / Gander Outdoors

Gun related chat that doesn't fit in another forum

Re: Camping World / Gander Outdoors

Postby Bearcatrp on Tue Oct 19, 2021 7:21 pm

Gander can go bankrupt as far as I’m concerned. Used to be a good store to do business. Not any more. Let them eat dirt!
Bearcatrp

Postby grimbeaver on Tue Oct 19, 2021 7:27 pm

Bearcatrp wrote:Used to be a good store to do business.

Maybe I have not been around long enough. When was that?
grimbeaver

Postby Holland&Holland on Tue Oct 19, 2021 7:56 pm

Bearcatrp wrote:Gander can go bankrupt as far as I’m concerned. Used to be a good store to do business. Not any more. Let them eat dirt!

Didn’t they already do that?
Holland&Holland

Postby Sorcerer on Tue Oct 19, 2021 8:48 pm

I was in the EP Scheels on Saturday morning, they had about 4 different flavors of 9 and 3 of 45 and a lot of 40. At least 4 different types of 22lr. The bins of hand guns was nearly full and the long guns looked fully stocked. They also had a lot of shot gun ammunition including slugs. Not needing rifle ammunition I only glanced down the isle and it had boxes on the shelf’s. The prices were still almost double for 9mm but they had a lot of it. They had 157 grain 9mm that I thought might be fun to try in my 1 7/8” revolver.
Sorcerer

Postby Holland&Holland on Wed Oct 20, 2021 6:39 am

Sorcerer wrote:I was in the EP Scheels on Saturday morning, they had about 4 different flavors of 9 and 3 of 45 and a lot of 40. At least 4 different types of 22lr. The bins of hand guns was nearly full and the long guns looked fully stocked. They also had a lot of shot gun ammunition including slugs. Not needing rifle ammunition I only glanced down the isle and it had boxes on the shelf’s. The prices were still almost double for 9mm but they had a lot of it. They had 157 grain 9mm that I thought might be fun to try in my 1 7/8” revolver.

Handgun ammo has gotten better as has some availability of trap loads. This was not the case 6 months ago. Now try finding deer ammo in anything other than .308 or pheasant loads. The supply chain and the demand curve are not in sink. I can find 2 boxes of the deer load I use online, that is right 2 boxes available in the entire interwebs and they are at $75 per box for what retails for $30.
Holland&Holland

Previous

Return to General Gun Chat