List of Local Shooting Clubs

Local shooting clubs and leagues

Re: List of Local Shooting Clubs

Postby Joecool on Tue Jul 14, 2009 6:54 am

For shooting to fast? Are you kidding me?

Sometimes you just feel like ripping through an entire magazine just for fun as fast as you can pull the trigger.

What a joke.
Joecool

Postby ttousi on Tue Jul 14, 2009 7:13 am

Joecool wrote:For shooting to fast? Are you kidding me?

Sometimes you just feel like ripping through an entire magazine just for fun as fast as you can pull the trigger.

What a joke.

Just FYI the Hudson club has residential very close to the shooting area's .....like right across the street. Many clubs have restrictions on rapid fire/bump firing to stay in the good graces of their neighbors.

A joke .........I think not. Conditional use permits can be restrictive and can also be revoked for violations like above. At OGC we do periodic sound studies to ensure we are within the state noise guidelines. While you may feel like doing rapid fire or using tracers or full auto etc you may very well end up without a place to shoot legally and safely.

carry on ;)
MN Permit Instructor
http://www.tomtgun.com
NRA Training Counselor/Instructor (Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun, Personal Protection)
DNR FAS Instructor

"I am not going to be intimidated by some punk with a moderator button."-darkwolf45
ttousi

Postby JFettig on Tue Jul 14, 2009 5:42 pm

Joecool wrote:For shooting to fast? Are you kidding me?

What a joke.

Yup, I actually have a youtube video of that very incident(me shooting, not getting chewed out).
Completely controlled rapid fire.

After he chewed me out, he pulled the tape off the rules sign that covered up "no rapid fire"..... no I didn't put it there.

Good news though, I joined Willow River Rod & Gun club. Thats a very nice place and the price is right, $75 and its open whenever theres daylight.

Jon
JFettig

Postby ijosef on Thu Aug 06, 2009 11:24 am

I'm thinking about joining the BESA club in White Bear Lake. I know a member, and went as his guest once to check out the range. It was pretty nice, and the rules seem very reasonable in comparison to other ranges. I can't believe some ranges require you to purchase your ammo and paper targets from them, and even charge hourly or half-hourly fees despite your membership. That's whack.

Of course nothing will ever beat private property. Your rules, and junk targets galore. :D
ijosef

Postby ijosef on Sun Oct 04, 2009 10:49 pm

So, I put in my application to join BESA. However, I'd like to go shooting this Wednesday, and I'm sure my app won't be through in time. What is the best place to go shooting for someone who is not a member? I'm looking for something cost effective and relatively decent. I can do pistol only, although being able to shoot rifles would be cool as well.
ijosef

Postby westberg on Mon Oct 05, 2009 8:40 am

You will most likely find that most if not all of the ranges have sight-in days now and open to public. This is a big money maker time of year for the ranges.
westberg

Postby mnglocker on Mon Oct 05, 2009 1:18 pm

ijosef wrote:So, I put in my application to join BESA. However, I'd like to go shooting this Wednesday, and I'm sure my app won't be through in time. What is the best place to go shooting for someone who is not a member? I'm looking for something cost effective and relatively decent. I can do pistol only, although being able to shoot rifles would be cool as well.

We have a non-member sight in day at http://www.DelanoSportsmensClub.com on October 17th.
-Get a rope Tuco.
What happens in the basement stays in the basement.

http://www.ronpaul2012.com/
mnglocker

Postby ijosef on Mon Jan 04, 2010 11:37 pm

I have another question, if you guys wouldn't mind obliging me one more time. I got accepted into BESA, but it's too cold for me to shoot there in this weather, and (more importantly) I want to bring someone along who would rather not stand outside in the middle of January. I'm looking at indoor ranges within the Twin Cities, particularly the two Bill's locations and the Burnsville Pistol Range. Any recommendations? Are there any other indoor ranges?

I also don't quite understand their cost structure as laid out on the websites. For example, BPR says this:
One person with one gun $14.00 - unlimited time
Additional person $5.00 each (maximum of 3 persons per lane)
Additional gun $4.00 (each person is charged for a maximum of 2 guns)
Rifle Bay Surcharge $1.00

So, there will be two of us ($14 plus $5), and we'll be renting a pistol lane. We'll be bringing five handguns along, so how does that work? One gun each included, plus each of us will be charged $4 for an extra gun up to a maximum of two per? Does that mean you can bring fifty guns but can only be charged $8 for two extra?

Bill's looks like it will be $30 for two people a lane, plus I'm eligible for a discount with my MN DOC ID (although coworkers have had problems with some employees not wanting to give them the discount). Is that unlimited time, plus unlimited guns?
ijosef

Postby RobD on Tue Jan 05, 2010 8:03 am

ijosef wrote:Does that mean you can bring fifty guns but can only be charged $8 for two extra?

Yes, each person. $14 +$5 +$4 +$4 +$4 +$4. $35 for both of you, 5 guns until you run out of ammo.
Political Director - MN Gun Owners Caucus/PAC
NRA Instructor (BP, PPITH, PPOTH, Reloading, RSO)
Certified Glock Armorer - Permit to Carry Instructor - Aegis Outdoors
RobD

Postby minnesotatv on Tue Jan 05, 2010 8:35 am

ijosef wrote:I have another question, if you guys wouldn't mind obliging me one more time. I got accepted into BESA, but it's too cold for me to shoot there in this weather, and (more importantly) I want to bring someone along who would rather not stand outside in the middle of January. I'm looking at indoor ranges within the Twin Cities, particularly the two Bill's locations and the Burnsville Pistol Range. Any recommendations? Are there any other indoor ranges?

Call Metro Gun Club in Blaine. See if they aren't less expensive.
minnesotatv

Postby plblark on Tue Jan 05, 2010 8:45 am

IIRC, it was $9 per half hour per shooter. but may have changed.
private or small grou permit classes available
"I'll take a huge order of fiscal responsibility, a side of small government, hold the religion please. " Paraphrase from Tamara K
RIP 1911Fan
plblark

Postby RobD on Tue Jan 05, 2010 9:53 am

plblark wrote:IIRC, it was $9 per half hour per shooter. but may have changed.

MetroGunClub.com wrote:We also have an indoor 50 ft. pistol range with 14 different lanes.

$4.50 per person per half hour
$9.50 per person per half hour as a non-member

http://metrogunclub.com/Facility.html
Political Director - MN Gun Owners Caucus/PAC
NRA Instructor (BP, PPITH, PPOTH, Reloading, RSO)
Certified Glock Armorer - Permit to Carry Instructor - Aegis Outdoors
RobD

Postby plblark on Tue Jan 05, 2010 9:54 am

Thanks Rob.
private or small grou permit classes available
"I'll take a huge order of fiscal responsibility, a side of small government, hold the religion please. " Paraphrase from Tamara K
RIP 1911Fan
plblark

Postby bullets on Tue Jan 05, 2010 9:14 pm

Waite Park Rifle Club (actually in Luxemburg, MN)

http://www.waiteparkrifleclub.com/

Outdoor handgun, trap, & 100 yard rifle range.
bullets

Postby ijosef on Wed Jan 06, 2010 9:11 pm

I went to the Burnsville Pistol Range tonight and it was a might fine time. It's small and fairly crowded (understandable for January), but prices are reasonable and it's a more than adequate facility. I'll be going there again I'm sure.
ijosef

PreviousNext

Return to Leagues And Shooting Clubs