Idiot reloader

A place to discuss calibers, ammunition, and reloading

Re: Idiot reloader

Postby Seismic Sam on Thu Nov 07, 2013 7:12 pm

Well, I went down and got my Lyman #3 Pistol manual, and it lists for an 85 grain jacketed bullet an OAL of "point1160 :roll: " for a 32 S&W Long, and that cartridge was designed for the "Smith First Model Hand Ejector". Lyman, BTW, only recommends their loads for SOLID top pistols, and says the top-break models are so weak as to be dangerous. :roll:

Now: as far as powder: Things are as Cletused up as much as possible, which makes sense in a perverted way, and these good old boys are SOOOO STOOPID that they actually need some feller to point out to them where the bear crapped in the buckwheat! AYUP! So I guess that be me, AS USUAL :roll: Going by the Lyman manual, the powders listed in order for this load are Bullseye/Titegroup/AA#2/HP-38/231/AA#5/Unique and the MAX charges in order for this series is 2.4 to 3.0 grains??!!?? :? Now, the Cletus is talking about 5.5 grains of something, but the only two powders shown on the table are 2400 and IMR 4350?? Could he be that EFFEN dumb to just use 5.5 grains of anything?? AYUP, I RECKON...

So if we are looking at 2400 getting shot off, it's probably barely igniting so you're getting essentially a squib. So bullets 1-2 stack up in the barrel :( , the 3rd is a dud, and then 4-5 stack up on top of 1&2, so the barrel probably has to be full pretty much to the forcing cone. At this point you have enough pressure built up that 5.5 grs. 2400 will actually burn/detonate, and it blows the gun clean open and the Cletus gets a dose of common sense, which unfortunately wears off in the next few minutes.

Could it really be THIS bad?? AYUP, I reckon...

By the way there, strangers, that there is bear crap you're standing on in this here buckwheat field... :P
Seismic Sam
Gone but not forgotten

Postby mmcnx2 on Thu Nov 07, 2013 7:51 pm

I like the part where he references the reloading manual, checks the powder charge with a scale, checks the loaded round with a case guage and mic's the crimp. Then when he checks the primer and casing after the first shot and uses a chrono to verify he is getting the expected volicity is realy great.

Oh wait thats is not the same video...... :shock:
mmcnx2

Postby BigDog58 on Fri Nov 08, 2013 2:12 am

The only redeeming thing I find in the video is the fact he has a "Yankee" accent and not a "Good Ol Boy" Suthern Drawl (like me...lol). He also calls a Clevis Pin a "Cotter Pin". In the airline business we often refered to them as "Grasshopper Clips".

I can't believe this guy has good equipment. His daddy musta bought him the stuff. At 5:54 he says this is only his "3rd time doing this". How the heck did he live through the first two? I would suggest this is his LAST TIME!

He didn't even clean the "primer hole". Don't let OldmanFCSA see this, it won't help his bad heart!

Am I the only one that noticed he is smoking at his reloading bench? Cigarettes, lighter and ash tray right next to his boolits. Of course I might be the only one watching it on a 50" plasma while sitting in bed critiqueing this DA!

This idiot doesn't even know the names of the dies. He calls the Seating Die the "Boolit Die"...this is Death looking for a place to happen.

It appears he charges one case at a time then seats the bullet. How is it possible to not get powder into each case? ( note: I'm pausing the video at each comment in case you're paying attention to my amazement) Also, not once have I seen him weigh a charge.

Is it just me, or did anyone else notice that his buddy placed his target on top of the little embankment and the backstop is water? I guess they never heard of rounds skipping off of water and going down range. Can they do anything else wrong....just give them time.

Lastly, the guy was going to buy a $4000 4-Wheeler but ends up with a POS $50 gun?

If OldmanFCSA watches this he's gonna need Sam over there holding his hand. This should be a MANDATORY video for all new reloaders to watch, before they go to Oldmans class. Ever FM (last part of RTFM) should have a link to this video and title it "What Not to do when reloading". This video gives the term Reloader a bad name. This guy is doing everything BUT reloading!
NRA RSO
"Never anger a man that can end you, from another zip code

If necessary to fight, I will Fight like I'm the 3rd Monkey on the ramp to Noah's Arc, and brother, it's starting to rain.
BigDog58

Postby OldmanFCSA on Fri Nov 08, 2013 6:30 am

I watched the video earlier, but held off responding until now.

He got what he deserved !!!!!!!!!!!! I would love to kick what is left of his sorry arse.
These idiots are so stupid. They do not do any justice to the reloading community.

Dirty primer pocket = grrrrrrrrrrr. Good way to blow up anything, it at least starts the process with no consistency.

I should make a video of loading a 50 where I use the case to scoop gun powder out of a pan, shake a bit out, seat the boolit, and watch it go bang. (I have loaded enough of them to guess where powder level should be, but off camera I would weigh it.)

I might watch it again, for a good laugh.
OldmanFCSA

Postby engnerdan on Fri Nov 08, 2013 7:32 am

Ok well I could only stand to watch this video so much before I could not take anymore. I am not sure where "sheeter115" got 5.2grains of powder. I only caught reference to "I am glad we did not go to 5.5 yet". I checked my reloading books for 32 S&W Long (which is what he had the Speer book open to) and every load I find is between 1.5 grains and 3.0 grains of powder. So not even close to 5 of anything.
Seismic Sam wrote:When it launches, the marketing will hit you in the face like the shrapnal from a methane explosion in a 3 holer outhouse!! :P :P :P
engnerdan

Postby shooter115 on Fri Nov 08, 2013 8:07 am

engnerdan wrote:Ok well I could only stand to watch this video so much before I could not take anymore. I am not sure where "sheeter115" got 5.2grains of powder. I only caught reference to "I am glad we did not go to 5.5 yet". I checked my reloading books for 32 S&W Long (which is what he had the Speer book open to) and every load I find is between 1.5 grains and 3.0 grains of powder. So not even close to 5 of anything.

Right around the 2 minute mark is where he mentions the 5.2 gr "load count". That *********** actually has like 300 videos posted. I scanned a couple of them and it's all just him being stupid and flapping his gums about nothing. This guy might officially be the world's biggest douche nozzle.
shooter115

Postby Synergy on Fri Nov 08, 2013 8:32 am

He probably thought that 5.2 grains meant using ACTUALLY only 5.2 single grains/flakes of powder LOL.

Its disappointing to see guys on "our side" be so dam stupid.

I didn't watch the whole video but in the beginning he did say the gun was not very accurate if I remember right and according to Big Dog this is his third time reloading so we have to assume the first two times he did the same thing but got really lucky. I would also assume this is NOT the first time he ever shot a pistol and he has had some experience shooting factory ammo so you would THINK he would be wondering whats going on since his gun has absolutely NO recoil at all.
Synergy

Postby gun_fan111 on Fri Nov 08, 2013 11:27 am

He says that when the primer goes in "cockeyed" he needs to use the other die to push it out... What?!?!
Did you just buy that beautiful firearm, or are you trying to sell that piece of crap?
gun_fan111

Postby MaryB on Sat Nov 09, 2013 9:54 pm

All I can say is Darwin Award winner... that was downright scary watching him use the press. Shoot those? You couldn't pay me enough to hold that gun and fire his reloads.
MaryB

Postby TIP on Tue Nov 12, 2013 11:26 pm

Pretty impressive that they know how to run a video recorder and even post it, considering their general knowledge of anything. :lol:
TIP

Postby Seismic Sam on Wed Nov 13, 2013 10:16 am

Well, glad to see a few more people foaming a the mouth than just me, and I think it's valuable to have an actual video of how incomprehensibly stupid some people can be when they want to reload stuff. A lot of you are inclined to give a n00b the benefit od the doubt, and offer a few well meaning remarks, and wonder why I'm such a hardass. Well, this is why, and you plain out can't fix stupid. Now, if it was just them out behind the shed blowing themselves up, I certainly wouldn't care at all. The problem arises, however, when you get a Cletus like this shooting his ammo next to some family with the dad or mom teaching the kids to shoot, and then you can have a real AND media disaster that is going to make ALL of us look bad.

In past arguments, some people have sort of expanded the 1st Amendment to not only can you say what you want (including incredibly wrong and stupid misinformation about handloading), but also to DO whatever you want and become a handloader no matter how bad or dangerous you are. That concept certainly doesn't apply to driving a car or a school bus of a big semi rig, and you need licenses for all of that. I should also note, that in Germany you DO have to receive training to get a permit to reload. Not saying we should do that here, but keep in mind that this is a legal reality in other places already.

The real point I want to bring out here is a little know fact that I learned from the Owner of Red River Bullets when I was selling some lead to them, and that is that it would BE INCREDIBLY EASY for somebody like Obama to put a major crimp on handloading with just ONE example of some kid getting hurt by another idjit's handloads. They wanted/still do want/will always want to ban all assault weapons ( Including an 1894 Winchester in 45 Colt) "for the sake of the children", Jimmy Carter pretty much shut down the handloading industry in the US for 4 years with a simple executive order: "Any cast bullets being shipped out of state must pass through the hands of an FFL dealer." It was THAT easy, and everybody in the larger scale cast bullet business pretty much closed up shop until 1980.

So yeah - in this political climate, it's possible that a single big,fat reloading accident with some adorable victims could up set the apple cart for ALL of us, which is my primary motivation for stomping on noobs that look like they are beyond help. The bottom line is that IT ALREADY HAPPENED HERE ONCE, so it can sure as hell happen again. We certainly need about 100X as many tutors as Oldman, who is a Saint, and hopefully NO MORE reloading trolls, because I wanna keep the franchise, but the point to remember is that not all gun owners or reloaders are safe, and to the extent that they are a danger to the general public, then they are not friends of ours and deserve a good, swift kick in the butt to learn how to cook or GTFO of the kitchen!!
Seismic Sam
Gone but not forgotten

Postby Eleanor08 on Wed Nov 13, 2013 1:21 pm

If you watch his other videos it appears he lives in Wisconsin... :? I wish he lived farther away. I'd feel safer then.

If you watch the video towards the beginning when he's talking about bullets, he shows that he's loaded some lead bullets, and now loading some jacketed ones, but he mentions he's "lowering" the charge from the lead bullet to the jacketed bullet…

So I think they where stacking up in the barrel, then he had one go off. He's lucky he only got what he did. They even notice what is happening, but are unable to put it together, "I can't see where on the paper I'm hitting", well, yeah, because they aren't even leaving the funking barrel!!!! If you read his youtube comments you will notice that no one really tells him what a moron he really is. I think sam should post on his page.. This guy needs a wake up call. Also did you notice they where shooting out of a window of a house? WTF? If you watch his other videos you will see he has a daughter, and that makes me sad. Also he has a video of him doing video shoots for some model.. Good looking gal.. So I am confused..

He buddy is also a dip chit, both of them scary me.
Eleanor08

Postby Tubguy on Wed Nov 13, 2013 8:25 pm

When in doubt, blame the gun and then figure out on how to stop payment on the check. Guy sold him a defective gun. Funny he didn't blame the equipment.
But Sam…. he had a manual…..lol
One of us has to go and I'm staying
Tubguy

Postby OldmanFCSA on Thu Nov 14, 2013 3:39 am

It's Wisconsin. ?.................. Here, hold my beer and watch this ............. BANG.
OldmanFCSA

Postby Seismic Sam on Thu Nov 14, 2013 9:08 am

OldmanFCSA wrote:It's Wisconsin. ?.................. Here, hold my beer and watch this ............. BANG.

Does that mean there's a bunch of free reloading stuff over in Wisconsin now??? :D :P :lol:
Seismic Sam
Gone but not forgotten

PreviousNext

Return to Ammunition & Reloading