Trump Is Caving In

Discussion of firearm-related news stories. Please use "Off Topic" for non-firearm news.
Forum rules
Do NOT post the full text of published articles. If you would like to discuss a news story please link to it and, at most, include a brief summary of the article.

Re: Trump Is Caving In

Postby win_fcs on Thu Mar 01, 2018 12:16 pm

goett047 wrote:Since they’re doing the whole “listen to the children” routine maybe we should be packing the capitol with youth shooters, lots of trapshooters in high schools across the state right now.

Do you use an AR for trapshooting?
win_fcs

Trump Is Caving In

Postby goett047 on Thu Mar 01, 2018 5:22 pm

win_fcs wrote:
goett047 wrote:Since they’re doing the whole “listen to the children” routine maybe we should be packing the capitol with youth shooters, lots of trapshooters in high schools across the state right now.

They’re no after ARs they are after all of the guns.
goett047

Postby 2in2out on Thu Mar 01, 2018 9:53 pm

goett047 wrote:Any chance he’s deliberately telling them to write a bill so unpalatable that it backfires on them. If you watch the meeting with Diane Feinstein he gives into an “assault weapons” ban without blinking.

I think Trump is doing what he always seems to do. He's such a good BS'er that it's hard to tell when he's serious and when he's blowing smoke. I think he's actually got the anti-gunners believing he's going to roll over on the big bad evil NRA. But, it doesn't make sense to me that he'd do that.

Could he? Sure, in a heartbeat. But, he's played this same game with DACA, taxes and North Korea. I don't like the show he put on when meeting with Senators, but it may simply be a show. I don't know how to tell the difference with him.

But, here's what I do know:
1 - He may not be throwing us under the bus, and the only way to know is to wait and see what happens
2 - He has Democrats believing he'll betray the NRA, and that makes them more cooperative
3 - He announced his 2020 campaign to keep potential competitors at bay, meaning Republicans believe they need to work with him rather than against him
4 - Omarosa will be back next season
"...the liberties of the American people were dependent upon the ballot-box, the jury-box, and the cartridge-box; that without these no class of people could live and flourish in this country..." ---Frederick Douglass
2in2out

Postby Holland&Holland on Thu Mar 01, 2018 10:52 pm

win_fcs wrote:

Sure can. Several manufacturers make 12 gauge ARs now.

I think you are missing the point though.
Holland&Holland

Postby xd ED on Thu Mar 01, 2018 11:42 pm

Holland&Holland wrote:
win_fcs wrote:

Sure can. Several manufacturers make 12 gauge ARs now.

I think you are missing the point though.

I was reminded of an old skit on 2nd City TV;
an American mafia retires to Scotland at a place for old aged mobsters called Dunnkillin.
He decides to go trap shooting.
The locals are dressed in Tweed jackets with fancy shot guns, our guy arrives in a black leather jacket and whips out a Thompson submachine gun and sprays the flying targets.
LET'S GO BRANDON
xd ED

Postby Dutch on Fri Mar 02, 2018 9:11 am

Bump stocks!
Men may argue forever on what wins their wars, and welter in cons and pros, and seek for the answer at history's doors, but the man with the rifle knows.
Dutch

Postby Lumpy on Fri Mar 02, 2018 1:32 pm

2in2out wrote:
goett047 wrote:Any chance he’s deliberately telling them to write a bill so unpalatable that it backfires on them. If you watch the meeting with Diane Feinstein he gives into an “assault weapons” ban without blinking.

I think Trump is doing what he always seems to do. He's such a good BS'er that it's hard to tell when he's serious and when he's blowing smoke. I think he's actually got the anti-gunners believing he's going to roll over on the big bad evil NRA. But, it doesn't make sense to me that he'd do that.

Could he? Sure, in a heartbeat. But, he's played this same game with DACA, taxes and North Korea. I don't like the show he put on when meeting with Senators, but it may simply be a show. I don't know how to tell the difference with him.

But, here's what I do know:
1 - He may not be throwing us under the bus, and the only way to know is to wait and see what happens
2 - He has Democrats believing he'll betray the NRA, and that makes them more cooperative
3 - He announced his 2020 campaign to keep potential competitors at bay, meaning Republicans believe they need to work with him rather than against him
4 - Omarosa will be back next season

I really hope this is the case.
Lumpy

Postby gman1868 on Fri Mar 02, 2018 8:29 pm

Donald Trump - Leader of the Troll World
Living the Armed Lifestyle
gman1868

Postby Bearcatrp on Fri Mar 02, 2018 8:31 pm

One thing to remember, a couple weeks before trump announced his candidacy, there is a photo of him and bill Clinton shaking hands at some function. Let’s hope trump is not a democrat in republican clothing.
Bearcatrp

Postby Holland&Holland on Fri Mar 02, 2018 8:39 pm

Bearcatrp wrote:One thing to remember, a couple weeks before trump announced his candidacy, there is a photo of him and bill Clinton shaking hands at some function. Let’s hope trump is not a democrat in republican clothing.

Could be, at least we got a good supreme court pick out of him and some tax breaks for small businesses. I am trusting our republican majority to keep any damage from this to nil.
Holland&Holland

Postby gman1868 on Tue Mar 06, 2018 9:34 pm

gman1868 wrote:Donald Trump - Leader of the Troll World

As you have heard by now, in a meeting with the NRA, Trump told them he would not advocate for more strict gun control.

So now you can see, he trolled the antis! He got the leftists to go berserk with everything they ever wanted to push for gun control. He got the fakers like Marco Rubio and Tim Walz to come out for gun bans. He provoked businesses to drop the NRA and plea for gun bans. He got them all to show their cards! Now we know where not to spend our money and who to vote out!
Living the Armed Lifestyle
gman1868

Postby Hmac on Tue Mar 06, 2018 9:48 pm

gman1868 wrote:
gman1868 wrote:Donald Trump - Leader of the Troll World

As you have heard by now, in a meeting with the NRA, Trump told them he would not advocate for more strict gun control.

So now you can see, he trolled the antis! He got the leftists to go berserk with everything they ever wanted to push for gun control. He got the fakers like Marco Rubio and Tim Walz to come out for gun bans. He provoked businesses to drop the NRA and plea for gun bans. He got them all to show their cards! Now we know where not to spend our money and who to vote out!

LOL Right

Hmac

Postby andrewP on Tue Mar 06, 2018 9:56 pm

Holland&Holland wrote:Sure can. Several manufacturers make 12 gauge ARs now.

Trap might be the thing that would be most awkward with a box mag fed shotgun, due to the single loading nature of the game, but I'd totally shoot Skeet and/or 5-stand with a Saiga if I owned one, just because. :)
andrewP

Postby Holland&Holland on Tue Mar 06, 2018 10:41 pm

andrewP wrote:
Holland&Holland wrote:Sure can. Several manufacturers make 12 gauge ARs now.

Trap might be the thing that would be most awkward with a box mag fed shotgun, due to the single loading nature of the game, but I'd totally shoot Skeet and/or 5-stand with a Saiga if I owned one, just because. :)

True, but doable if one sets their mind to it.
Holland&Holland

Postby Tronster on Tue Mar 06, 2018 11:46 pm

Ideas for thought. I know we live in an imperfect world of man made laws, but a few tweaks might help.

1) Fix the gaps in the NICS reporting. Three of the latest mass shooters would have been barred sale if the system had actually been reported to properly.
2) Open NICS access to the general public for private transfers with a simple go/no-go to help keep guns from inadvertently being sold to prohibited persons.
3) Investigate the FBI and local LE for their failures in the FL shooting, and implement changes to the discrepancies so it doesn't happen again.
4) Real funding and reform of the mental health system. Seems nobody wants to actually spend money on this.
5) Repeal the GFSZA. We all know it doesn't work.
6) Simplify national CCW reciprocity, perhaps into a 3 tier system. Each state can adopt the tier of standards they deem necessary, and must recognize other states permits at that tier or higher.
7) Maybe age and maturity is a factor. Allow sales of manually operated firearms at 18, and sales of handguns and semi-auto's at 21. I'm not too hung up on this one.
8) Pressure the media to stop making celebrities out of these scumbags. Yea yea I know, good luck with that, they love the ratings.
9) The breakdown of the family structure and morals is a large part of this, but I'm not sure what could be done about that.
10) A real court crackdown on criminal gun use sentencing, plea bargains, overcrowded jails of lesser crimes, and repeat offenders.

Now before anyone accuses me, I'm NOT interested in gun bans, mag limits, carry restrictions, registrations, LE personal denial of permits, GFZ, gun/ammo taxes, or any other stupid ignorant proposals.
Roast me if you'd like, I'm not a 2A absolutist or prohibitionist.
Tronster

PreviousNext

Return to In The News